Meet the Gym Owners: Kristin Haynes & Kortney Brummel
January 31, 2017 | In: Gym Owners
1. Please introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your gym.
We are Kristin Haynes and Kortney Brummel, and our gym is located in South Edmond, Oklahoma and is the first in the state. We are sisters and opened the gym along with Kortney’s husband Danny in October of last year.
2. How did you first learn about We Rock the Spectrum?
Kristin’s daughter has sensory issues, and Kristin is a part of various SPD groups on Facebook. Another member of a group posted about opening a We Rock gym. Kristin was instantly intrigued with the concept and once she did some additional research, she knew she needed to bring a gym to the Oklahoma City area.
3. What is your professional background?
Kristin comes from a financial and business management background. Kortney has worked in our family’s restaurant business for the past seven years.
4. What are three words that describe you?
Kristin: Ambitious, Understanding, an Advocate
Kortney: Passionate, Caring, and Creative
5. What inspired you to open a We Rock the Spectrum gym?
We have both been interested in having our own business. When we found out about the We Rock the Spectrum franchise, we fell in the love with the concept of an inclusive play space for ALL kids. Kristin’s daughter needs constant activity, and the gym allows her to have access to the equipment she needs on a daily basis while also giving Kristin more freedom and time to spend with her children.
6. How have you seen We Rock the Spectrum benefiting your community?
We have already met so many amazing families who have been waiting for a place where their children can play and be themselves. We have some families that come regularly because they’ve already seen improvements in their child’s behavior, sleeping habits, and social skills because they are getting the sensory input they need on a regular basis while playing with other children.
7. What advice would you give to someone who wanted to become a franchisee?
I would encourage them to be patient and enjoy the process.
8. How has being a part of the We Rock the Spectrum family impacted your life thus far?
Becoming a part of the We Rock family has changed our lives tremendously! We’ve never enjoyed “working” so much! We’ve met so many wonderful people and made so many new friends during the process.