Meet the Gym Owners: Jenna Pignato & Sarah Callahan
February 1, 2017 | In: Gym Owners
1. Please introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your gym.
We are Jenna Pignato and Sarah Callahan. Our gym is located in Tequesta, FL and it is 3,800 Sq ft. We have a party/class room and a sensory calming room as well. We host classes like yoga, play with purpose, and music!
2. How did you first learn about We Rock the Spectrum?
Jenna met Gail Field, owner of We Rock the Spectrum Boca, at their WRTS booth at the Autism Speaks Walk! She asked a few questions and got some information about what We Rock is all about and contacted corporate to get more info. She then ran the idea by her best friend Sarah and they got the ball rolling!
3. What is your professional background?
We both have been teachers for almost a decade! Sarah specializes in ESE/ASD and has worked as a teacher and on the behavior team in both public and charter school settings. Jenna has taught 4th and 2nd grade for the Palm Beach County School District.
4. What are three words that describe you?
Caring, Enthusiastic, Energetic
5. What inspired you to open a We Rock the Spectrum gym?
The kids that we have taught have inspired us to create a place in the community where ALL kids can come together and learn from one another!
6. How have you seen We Rock the Spectrum benefiting your community?
When special needs children come in smiling, laughing, and playing with others, we know we made the right choice. We are creating awareness in our community and promoting inclusion!
7. What advice would you give to someone who wanted to become a franchisee?
Being a We Rock owner is hard work that pays off daily when you see all of the smiling faces! You must have plenty of energy and have a passion for working with children with ALL ability levels.
8. How has being a part of the We Rock the Spectrum family impacted your life thus far?
We opened in November of 2016 and have enjoyed getting to know and learn from other owners. Being former teachers, it has been a great experience to have the chance to learn the business side of things and still be able to fulfill our passion of working with kids and making their lives a better place.