Meet the Gym Owners: Consuelo & Bryan Davis
January 6, 2017 | In: Gym Owners
1. Please introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your gym.
2. How did you first learn about We Rock the Spectrum?
One day while on Facebook, an interview with Dina Kimmel, our CEO and Founder, on Autism Live with Shannon Penrod just “popped ” up. After watching the interview, I immediately had to do more research about We Rock the Spectrum. I quickly learned about the We Rock the Spectrum Kid’s Gym mission of having this amazing place for ALL kids and knew I wanted to have a part.
3. What is your professional background?
I am currently a Board Certified Behavior Analyst with 21 years of experience of working with kids with special needs. Bryan is an environmental law attorney with USAF.
4. What are three words that describe you?
Consuelo: Caring, Passionate, Dedicated
Bryan: Fun, Analytical, Caring
5. What inspired you to open a We Rock the Spectrum gym?
I have always wanted to do something “SPECIAL” that would have a positive impact in my community for individuals with special needs. After watching the Facebook interview with Dina Kimmel, that “SPECIAL” thing just popped up. I knew after watching the interview that opening a We Rock the Spectrum was my “SPECIAL” thing. Our community needed more places for special needs children and their families and opening a We Rock the Spectrum Kid’s Gym helps to fill that void.
6. How have you seen We Rock the Spectrum benefiting your community?
From the day we opened our doors, we have heard parents, grandparents, other family members, therapists, community members and of course KIDS express how much they LOVE We Rock the Spectrum. By providing a safe place for children of all abilities, we’re truly changing the lives for many families, and that is amazing to see.
7. What advice would you give to someone who wanted to become a franchisee?
Nothing worth having comes easy. Opening and owning a We Rock the Spectrum is a lot of work, but so worth it.
8. How has being a part of the We Rock the Spectrum family impacted your life thus far?
Being part of the We Rock the Spectrum family has given us the opportunity to bring real JOY to so many deserving people within in our community and beyond.