Announcing Our Rockin’ Resource Fair!
May 30, 2017 | In: Autism Resources
Dear We Rockers,
I last left you all in my previous blog with a “stay tuned.” Well today, I am excited to announce that on Sunday, July 16th, we will be throwing the first annual Rockin’ Resource Fair.
My mission in starting We Rock the Spectrum has always been to unite ALL families, regardless of circumstance. When I founded We Rock the Spectrum Kid’s Gym in 2010, it was because I saw that special-needs families, like my own, did not have a safe place to bring ALL of their children.
Creating a free resource fair to unite local families is just one more way that We Rock the Spectrum can help provide for our community. And in an effort to promote the continued welfare for children with disabilities, all proceeds from the event will be evenly distributed to the Autism Society, TACA, the Special Olympics, the My Brother Rocks the Spectrum Foundation, ACT Today, and Family Focus Resource Center.
On July 16th, join me and local We Rock the Spectrum owners at Woodley Park in Lake Balboa from 12pm to 5pm where we will have more than 30 different special needs resources from across Southern California. It will be a wonderful opportunity for families to become educated about what’s available and feel the support of an entire community.
We will have five “zones” available across the resource fair for our kiddos to enjoy:
- The Sensory Zone will have our fully equipped We Rock on Wheels bus, a bouncy house, slip-n-slide, sensory-play equipment, and more! Children will enjoy an inclusive play environment with volunteers on-hand to help out with any child needing special attention. The fun is open to kids of ALL abilities with a support staff maintaining a safe play environment.
- The Arts & Crafts Zone will be a great place for children to work on their motor skills through painting, jewelry making, coloring, and more. We will have both guided sessions and open time for our little ones to be as creative as they can be.
- The Calming Zone will be an area for children and families to enjoy as a breather from all the activity. With shade, bean bags, and books, the Calming Zone will create a soothing environment away from the crowd. Headphones and other items will be provided for the kids should the event lead to sensory issues.
- The Food Zone will have food trucks and refreshments offering traditional fair favorites like cotton candy as well as healthy, gluten-free options.
- The Music Zone will feature live music performances, dance, a sensory drum circle, and more!
Our community needs a day for ALL of our Southern California families to come together and experience companionship, education, and love. We Rock the Spectrum is committed to leading by example and stepping in as the solution to this void. Our team is working hard to bring you the opportunity our families need and deserve.
We hope to see you on July 16th!
We Rock the Spectrum